Currently looking for a Senior Commercial Credit Analyst to fill an opening with a company located in Bloomington, MN. Interested candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in in finance, accounting or similar and have 5 - 8 years of banking experience with a minimum of 5 years working as an Analyst on commercial loans.
This individual will analyze financial information to evaluate degree of risk of more complicated commercial loans and prepare recommendations for our loan committee, assuming responsibility for the preparation and coordination of credit file information.
Responsibilities of the Senior Commercial Credit Analyst:
- Analyzes financial statements; studies and evaluates the information and prepares written reports for the Lender and/or Loan Committee.
- Monitors the existing portfolio through credit review.
- Reviews loan applications and analyzes credit information to make a general assessment of customer’s creditworthiness.
- Conducts in-depth review of balance sheet and profit and loss statements presented by applicants for large commercial loans or lines of credit, and uses computer spreadsheet software for evaluation.
- Analyzes appraisals of real estate to determine if the bank is adequately collateralized.
- Assesses liquidity, quality of management, market position and overall business climate to estimate future profitability of business.
- Assigns risk rating to individual credits.
- Completes financial ticklers and uploads financial information into Sageworks.
- Assists Loan Operations in setting up and managing multiple loan participations.
- Monitors payment practices to protect the bank from bad debt losses.
- Serves as support to participating bank customers through an understanding of credit and providing information when necessary.
- Serves as a role model and assists other Credit Analysts with their development.
- Develops strong relationships with customer bank Lenders allowing for good communication and discussion of credits.
- Understands UBB’s credit standards and utilizes our loan policy while reviewing loan packages submitted.
Requirements of the Senior Commercial Credit Analyst:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or similar
- 5 - 8 years of banking experience with a minimum of 5 years working as an Analyst on commercial loans
- Jack Henry and Sageworks experience preferred
- Accuracy, excellent communication skills and confidentiality
- Technical aptitude
- Problem solving and presentation skills