Currently looking for a Purchasing Manager to fill an opening with a company located in Rocky Hill, CT. Interested candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years experience or an MBA Degree with a minimum of 3 years experience.
Responsibilities of the Purchasing Manager:
- Deliver results in key performance indicators, which bring financial benefit in savings, cash networking capital, SBM, and SRM
- Track forecasted versus actual benefits / KPI’s for these categories and be responsible for communicating performance against these measures and their potential impact
- Understand regional stakeholder requirements and define, develop and implement the optimal strategy that delivers regional objectives
- Establish and lead cross-functional teams to manage Capital Investment projects from sourcing side in the region
- Support an overall framework for the Supplier Management process, including Supplier Segmentation, Supplier Onboarding, Scorecard Development, and Supplier Evaluation
Requirements of the Purchasing Manager:
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 5 years experience or MBA degree with a minimum of three years of related purchasing experience or
- Expert knowledge of market including supplier base, general industry information and cost drivers.
- Expert knowledge of good purchasing practices, contract law as it applies to the procurement process, and supply chain management.
- Independently manages processes that include RFPs, tenders, reporting, analysis and e-sourcing.
- Proven understanding of general business processes including supply chain/procurement planning, costing, finance and FP’s role in these processes.