Currently looking for a Senior Accountant to fill an opening with a company located in Renton, WA. Interested candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and have 3+ years with theory and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and have 3+ years working in accounting.
This Senior Accountant position reports to the Senior Manager of Financial Policy and interacts regularly with key finance and accounting personnel at the Company's business units, management in other functional areas, and the Company's external auditors.
This role participates in a team of technical accounting professionals who perform accounting research and develop accounting policies in a complex environment. This includes researching and interpreting generally accepted accounting principles to ensure proper reporting of external financial statements. Specific areas of expertise assigned to this position include performing evaluations of complex transactions involving topics such as revenue recognition, cost classification (research & development, inventory, capital, etc...), corporate development activities, reviewing estimates at completion, monitoring and reporting on accounting rulemaking, and serving as a liaison to the company's programs finance teams, other functional areas, and external auditors.
Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant:
• Serving as a subject matter expert on various technical accounting matters
• Creation of accounting policies and procedures
• Preparing technical accounting whitepapers and coordinating with external auditors.
• Ensuring continued compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley Act
• Participating in special projects and other technical accounting matters as they arise
Requirements of the Senior Accountant:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years with theory and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- 3+ years working in accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in one of the following Business related fields: Accounting or Finance
- Technical accounting experience
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.