Currently looking for a Test & Analysis Engineer to fill an opening with a company located in Clearfield, UT. Interested candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering and have a minimum of 8 years of experience in analysis engineering function. Also required is a minimum of 8 years of experience with Nastran or ABAQUS.
Responsibilities of the Test Engineer-Composites:
Highly motivated analysis engineer with composite structures experience for military and/or commercial aircraft.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to static and dynamic analysis of composite structures, bonded and bolted assemblies
The candidate also have experience with composite material mechanical characterization and dynamic testing (modal, forced vibe acoustic etc.) of coupon and subelements.
Ability to define and lead characterization and test activities, including: authoring test plans and test reports, data reduction and calculation of material allowables.
Requirements of the Test Engineer-Composites:
- Must have an Active Security Clearance to be considered for this role
- BS in Civil, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering or related with a minimum of 8 years related experience in analysis engineering function
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with Nastran or ABAQUS
- Static, dynamic and thermostructural analysis experience
- Test lab experience, including instrumentation and data reduction
- Knowledge of composite materials and manufacturing processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment as part of a multi-discipline team
Preferred Experience of the Test Engineer-Composites:
- Previous experience in aerospace manufacturing facility
- Proficiency with NX, Catia V5, Fibersim, Altair Hyperworks/Optistruct, and Hypersizer are also desirable
- Definition of layups and ply patterns with Fibersim to generate finite element models
- Requirements definition and verification
- Constitutive Model Development and implementation