Currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer to fill an opening with a company located in Palm Bay, FL, Herndon, VA or Rochester, NY. Interested candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and have a minimum of 9 years of relevant mechanical systems/architecture development experience and must have an Active Top Secret Clearance with current SSBI.
We are looking for driven mechanical/aerospace engineers to perform research, development, design, and analysis tasks on complex mechanical hardware including precision mechanisms, electro-mechanical hardware, and complex electronic packaging, in a program team environment. Program support and technical leadership over requirements definition, concept generation, material selection, trade studies, design sensitivity/optimization studies, preliminary and final design, design documentation, and assembly/integration and testing. Candidate must have experience in 3D modeling, critical HW design and development and the ability to work independently or within a multi-disciplined team environment.
Requirements of the Lead Mechanical Engineer:
- Bachelor's Degree with 9+ years of relevant mechanical systems/architecture development experience.
- Or Master's Degree, or equivalent with 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Active Top Secret Clearance with current SSBI.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in design or development of precision mechanisms and mechatronic systems.
- Proficiency in CAD tools such as Creo and understanding of ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing standards.
- Experience in additive manufacturing, part optimization and design for manufacture and assembly a plus
- Experience with actuators, custom gear trains, fluid systems, electro-optical systems, materials testing and manufacturing processes are all a plus.
- Technical leadership experience and a history of successful designs and/or working systems
This position requires an active Top Secret security clearance with current SSBI and the ability to obtain a polygraph. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.