Currently looking for a Director of TSP to fill an opening with a company located in Vancouver, WA. Interested candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Clinical Informatics or a related field required and have a minimum of 7 years of related IT experience and a minimum of 5 years of IT leadership experience .
Works in partnership with the executive leadership in the represented community to align TSP to long and short term business strategies.
Acts as a liason for the community with TSP and informs or escalates potential siginificant operational impact issues in the network to coordinate with TSP for resolution.
Works to reinforce TSP practice and strategies with network leadership’s long and short term business strategies, operational plans and oversees implementation.
Manages the design, structure, development and planning issues within scope of direction.
Responsible for quality, service and regulatory compliance for areas of responsibility.
Develops strategic relationships and serves as single point of contact with those executives and senior management in the represented geographies to provide strategic and tactical Information Technology (IT) support and guidance through IT projects, system conversions, and change initiatives.
Assures the respective strategies within each of the geographies are communicated effectively to TSP leadership for prioritization and planning.
Responsible for assuring TSP services are maintained within established Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and assistsTSP in their development and tracking.
Responsibilities of the Director of TSP:
- Represents TSP on the community executive team and aligns the vision and strategy within the represented geography.
- Champions business/clinical optimization and innovation by ensuring that system solutions are in place to support critical.
- Champions TSP involvement and value in optimizing business/clinical processes within the context of the Company TSP vision.
- Communicates the TSP strategy and regularly gathers input to the strategy from stakeholders. Relays feedback to the TSP Leadership Team for continuous improvement
- Collaborates with local leadership to support local/community strategies.
- Collaborates with TSP peers to ensure resources are in place to meet the needs of local initiatives.
- Works with local leadership to align initiatives with overall System TSP strategies
Requirements of the Director of TSP:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Clinical Informatics or a related field required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of related IT experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of IT leadership experience required.
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
- Proven ability to develop effective relationships and to work at all levels of the company including senior and executive management.
- Proven history of taking accountability for own work and results.
- Demonstrated ability to form constructive opinions and defend them.
- Experience working effectively across divisional lines in a complex, multi-site organization.
- Ability to direct the management of multiple projects.
- Sufficient knowledge of health care trends and the ability to incorporate this knowledge to support the information technology needs of the organization.
- Demonstrated sound managerial judgment, initiative, and enthusiasm.
- Ability to facilitate department outcomes, coach individuals and teams, and manage conflict.
- Excellent leadership skills to manage individuals and department, to appropriately delegate tasks, and to hold personnel accountable for their areas or responsibility.
- Ability to work under stress and to deal effectively with others working under stress.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.