Currently looking for a Senior Accountant to fill an opening with a company located in Chicago, IL. Interested candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or
business-related degree with CPA designation highly desired.
As an Accountant, you will have general oversight of assigned processes within the monthly and quarterly consolidation and SEC reporting process, including the preparation of journal entries, financial statements and footnotes.
Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant:
- Monthly consolidation of financial results in accordance with US GAAP and preparation of journal entries, financial statements, and consolidating support schedules from business units.
- Prepare quarterly and annual SEC filings such as 10-Q and 10-K, including drafting footnote disclosures, Management Discussion & Analysis, completing GAAP checklists, preparing support tie-out packages, and researching technical guidance as needed.
- Prepare variance analysis of consolidated income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flows
- Completing XBRL tagging for SEC filings and manage SEC filings within Workiva WDesk.
- Assist with the implementation of new accounting standards (e.g. ASC 842 Leases)
- Assist with the creation of supporting materials for the Board of Directors and Audit Committee
- Assist in preparing and providing support to external auditors
- Other duties include review of the Annual Report and other SEC filings as needed (e.g. 8-Ks, Conflict Mineral, Debt Offerings)
- Ensure continued compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley Act
- Completion of certain government census reports
- Provide analysis and insight for other assignments and ad hoc projects as needed. Assist in the interpretation and implementation of accounting policies
- Work closely with other accountants at business unit operating segments and corporate, investor relations, FP&A, tax, legal, and finance IT departments
Requirements of the Senior Accountant:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or business-related degree with CPA required
- Minimum 3 years of US GAAP technical knowledge
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience at a public accounting firm or a large, multi-national, publicly-held corporation
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organizations required, and an ability to work both independently, in a team environment, and with team members at different locations.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and excel at multi-tasking and managing shifting priorities and deadlines, while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
Desired Requirements (Desired Skills/Experience):
- CPA strongly preferred
- Prior Consolidations experience and/or SEC reporting experience a major plus
- Working knowledge of Workiva Wdesk and XBRL preferred
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel required; experience with financial consolidation systems software a plus
Typical Education / Experience:
Bachelor's degree and typically 10 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 8 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.