Currently looking for a Senior Tax Specialist to fill an opening with a company located in Chicago, IL. Interested candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree and have a minimum of 10 years of related work experience.
Responsibilities of the Senior Tax Specialist:
International and M&A Tax Specialist with multiple tax responsibilities including the following:
• Serve as a key contributor and adviser for the Tax Department on M&A related matters including due diligence, risk assessment and integration activity for acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and investments.
• Advising on corporate income and indirect tax consequences of new business operations or opportunities in assigned regions.
• Provide support for various aspects of the Company's financial reporting requirements for income taxes (ASC 740).
• Provide support for the Company's US international compliance tax filings and develop new process efficiencies.
• Research new tax laws (international and domestic) and advise on implications to the Company.
Requirements of the Senior Tax Specialist:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years in corporate income tax
- 3+ years working experience in Microsoft Excel (i.e. formulas, pivot tables, linking worksheets)
- 10 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 8 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred requirements of the Senior Tax Specialist:
- Public accounting experience
- Understanding of US international tax rules
- Project management
- Experience working with senior level management