Currently looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to fill an opening with a company located in Syracuse, NY. Interested candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business from an accredited institution and have a minimum 3 years of relevant Finance and/or Accounting work experience.
Job Summary :
The position is accountable to perform financial analysis, forecasting, budgeting, accounting, special project analysis and create financial reports to provide Corporate, Division, and Business Unit management with reliable information to make decisions impacting the financial performance of the business.
This position will report to the Manager of Finance. Its primary purpose is to assist in the annual budget process, analyze monthly performance through financial statement reviews, complete month end tasks, provide presentations to Senior Management on financial performance and perform analysis on changes in the business. Must possess the ability to both provide and present meaningful reports and metrics to Senior Mgt. A strong knowledge of general accepted accounting principles, control concepts, financial and budget principles is required. In addition, a general knowledge of automated systems, and the function of the finance department are required. An advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint are required. The position requires advanced abilities for problem solving, developing and presenting accurate financial information as requested by Senior Management. The candidate must be comfortable presenting to all levels of the organizational structure. The candidate must be able to flex with changing priorities.
Responsibilites of the Senior Financial Analyst:
· You will prepare, review and analyze financial forecasts operating budgets and strategic plans.
· You will provide in depth analysis on financial performance and root cause variances to forecasts.
· You will report the daily progress of the business toward the monthly established goals, giving the management team the first line of reporting to trends in the marketplace.
· You will perform detailed SG&A expenditure analysis to identify trends and areas in need of cost control focus. You will provide valuable variance analysis to highlight issues or opportunities and promote understanding of necessary changes.
· You will perform business unit finance/accounting month-end closing procedures, complete account reconciliations, prepare journal entries.
· You will work collaboratively with the department to propose and implement process improvement ideas to enable more accurate and faster reporting.
· You will analyze Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash flow statements for domestic and international business units.
· In certain situations, you will act as the team lead in regard to process improvement and evaluation.
Requirements of the Senior Financial Analyst:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business from an accredited institution.
· Minimum 3 years of relevant Finance and/or Accounting work experience.
· Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without requiring company sponsorship. This position does not offer relocation Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Syracuse, NY facility.
· Financial analysis experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Experience with SAP, Business Warehouse, Hyperion Enterprise, Hyperion Financial Manager (HFM)
· High level of integrity
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to handle multiple priorities against multiple deadlines
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
· Able to work well with people across multiple functions
· Ability to communicate/present to senior level managers
· Requires a strong understanding of standard financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow) and working knowledge and application of accounting principles and practices