Currently looking for a Senior Applications Developer to fill an opening with a company located in Richmond, VA. Interested candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree and have a minimum of 6 - 10 Years experience Programming, System and Database Design using C#, C++,.net Framework 2-4 7, .net Core, SQL Server 2008-2016 and Windows Server 2008-2016.
The Sr. Developer will lead a team of developers and users to create, design, modify and maintain system applications and their associated databases based on understanding of business transactions. Primarily focused on C++, C# and .net in a SQL Server environment.
Responsibilities of the Senior Applications Developer:
- Design, codes, tests and implements custom applications, scripts, and formal procedures.
- Interfaces with users to create and enhance applications.
- Set development standards and testing procedures for programming teams.
- Follows System Development Life Cycle methodologies to ensure compliance and accurately of changes and new system implementations.
- Confers with programmers, analysts, engineers and others to design systems and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Supervises the work of programmers, technicians and other engineering personnel.
- Performs or directs revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Consults with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems and suggest changes.
- Enforces, monitors, and remediates security to meet PCI/DSS, Privacy and HIPPA requirements. Uses secure programming techniques required to meet these standards. Tests and audits for vulnerabilities.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Requirements of the Senior Applications Developer:
- Bachelor's Degree (4 year College or University)
- 6 - 10 Years experience Programming, System and Database Design using:
- C#, C++
- .net Framework 2-4 7, .net Core
- SQL Server 2008-2016
- Windows Server 2008-2016
- IIS +8
- Understanding of Solid Principles
- Object Oriented Design and Programming
- Experience with data transfer formats (CSV, XML, JSON)
- Understanding of the 7 layer OSI model
- Understanding of network protocols - TCP, SSL
- Experience with encryption standards (AES, RSA, ECC)
- Experience with AWS APIs and services
- Ability to reverse engineer and reformulate code for unique solutions with minimal documentation