Currently looking for a Deposit Operations Associate II to fill an opening with a company located in Asheville, NC. Interested candidates must hold a High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 years’ experience in a financial institution.
The Deposit Operations Department is responsible for providing quality customer service to the bank’s customers and all the retail offices, as well as carry out the daily operational responsibilities of servicing deposit accounts. This position will perform a variety of duties related to Deposit Operations, provide a wide range of support to Deposit Operations Management to include reviewing, processing and updating daily work. Provide guidance to branches and internal departments with routine to moderately complex inquiries. Initiative and accuracy required as well as an understanding of regulatory requirements and risk operations to minimize/eliminate potential loss. Able to perform duties independently with minimal managerial oversight.
Responsibilities of the Deposit Operations Associate II:
- Exception item processing, NSF, unresolved items including but not limited to balancing and interaction with branch staff. Processes and reviews daily ACH activity
- Review documentation and account paperwork for completeness and accuracy
- Process daily return deposited items
- May act as the department liaison with other business units to assist in facilitation of special projects and/or in the resolution of business related system issues
- Performs document administration and management tasks to file, safe keep, image, and audit documents as needed. Prepares appropriate customer correspondence and notices.
- Take ownership of problem resolution on deposit products and debit cards including identifying the issue, resolving and following up with customer to ensure satisfaction.
- Assists with reviewing, processing, and performing daily operational duties
- Researches records and provides documentation in response to subpoenas/court orders/legal requests.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of bank products, services, department procedures and policies, regulations, to ensure accurate handling of customer’s inquiries.
- Comply with all federal, state, and local regulatory rules and regulations governing financial institutions as well as all company policies and procedures.
- Complete and pass all required regulatory compliance training as assigned.
- Assist manager(s) with research and projects related to Deposit Operations products, debit card, processes and procedures.
- Cross train to perform other functions and duties assigned in Deposit Operations as needed
Knowledge Requirements of the Deposit Operations Associate II:
- Familiarity with federal and state banking regulations, including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act and Electronic Funds Transfer Act.
- Thorough knowledge of bank products and services
- Knowledgeable in account opening and maintenance activities
- Stay abreast of changes in policies and procedures related to deposit products
- Strong functional/technical skills
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to resolve internal customer concerns/issues in a positive manner
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Successful completion of in-house training program (if available) or approved outside training program
- Must be able to follow detailed set procedures to ensure highest standards for audit and risk purposes.
- Ability to understand and use Bank policies and procedures to support positive customer interactions.
- Ability to communicate in a positive and effective manner in one-on-one and in small group meetings or presentations.
- Ability to listen to and/or convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately and quickly.
- Ability to think and act independently within guidelines and limitations of Bank policy and assigned personal authority.
- Presents a professional, business-like manner and appearance.
- Good self – management skills
- Ability to carry out detailed instructions and to instruct and educate retail banking employees in a positive manner
- Excellent analytical, organizational and self-review skills
- Self-motivated, detail oriented
Job Requirements of the Deposit Operations Associate II:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, degree preferred
- 3 years’ experience in a financial institution preferably in a problem solving customer service based role or card services area.
- Basic knowledge of accounting, balancing principals, and bank operations
- Demonstrated technology skills, including intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to be flexible with the changing needs of schedules and work hours dependent on volumes and needs of the business unit
- Must be able to embrace and quickly adapt to change as a result of internal, market or regulatory policy changes
- Ability to research, resolve problems and meet deadlines