Currently looking for a CNC Maintenance Repair Technician to fill an opening with a company located in Syracuse, NY. Interested candidates must have a High School Diploma and must be a Journeymen or have a minimum of six (6) years of documented experience in repair of CNC machines.
The CNC Maintenance Repair Technician will be involved in application of broad electronic training and apprenticeship training and experience in improvising or making decisions where only general methods are available requiring considerable initiative and ingenuity.
Responsibilities of the CNC Maintenance Repair Technician:
- You will troubleshoot, repair, and maintain CNC machinery and mechanical/electrical equipment, including, but not limited to: programmable controls, CNC controls, power supplies, drives, gages, and test equipment.
- You will diagnose malfunctions and troubleshoot systems to determine required repair. Disassemble, replace, adjust, and/or assemble as needed. Advanced electronic skills and experience necessary in working on CNC machinery, computerized electronic controls, hydraulic and pneumatic systems; which could involve troubleshooting all defective printed circuit assembly boards.
- You will perform preventive, corrective, and troubleshooting maintenance required to upkeep production. Work from complex schematic diagrams, manuals and testing procedures.
- You will conduct facility evaluations to determine the need for major repair and replacement of facility equipment and systems.
- You will communicate effectively with internal/external customers.
- You will check sequence of machine cycle, determine type of machine malfunction, make all necessary repairs applying machine repair theory along with electrical theory. You will perform electrical test operations.
- You will require the use of judgment to comply with instructions or prescribed routines and to make decisions.
Requirements of the CNC Maintenance Repair Technician:
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Journeymen or a minimum of six (6) years of documented experience in repair of CNC machines with familiarity of Fanuc, Haas, Siemens, Mazak, Mitsubishi and Okuma controls
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographic area (50 miles) of Syracuse, NY will be considered for this position
Preferred Requirements of the CNC Maintenance Repair Technician:
- Ability to problem solve and understand mechanical equipment
- Background in machining and electrical equipment
- Two year degree in electronics with mechanical experience /Military electronics experience.
- Experience with hydraulics
Position Success Criteria:
- Plan and perform all required operations pertaining to the maintenance and repair of CNC equipment
- Thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic components and CNC and manual machine repair in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and drawings (e.g. blueprints, manuals, wiring diagrams, etc.).
- Strong preventive maintenance background.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Fanuc, Okuma, Haas, Mazak, Mitsubishi and Siemens Controls