Currently looking for an Electrical Engineer to fill an opening with a company located in Huntsville, AL. Interested candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and have a minimum of 4 years of experience.
Responsibilities of the Electrical Engineer-FPGA:
The Electrical Engineer will develop FPGA designs for all major vendors and device families.
Designs are implemented using VHDL for the following applications: gigabit serial interfaces, Radio Frequency (RF) and Electro-Optical (EO) DSP, controls, data links, embedded processing and processor interfaces.
Designers work with circuit card designers and systems engineers to develop requirements, architect new parts, collaborative modeling of algorithms, partition and perform code development, simulation, and place and route.
Designs are verified against requirements using both directed test and constrained random methodologies.
Design support is expected from requirements definition through integration and test.
Design documentation and configuration management are required.
Requirements of the Electrical Engineer-FPGA:
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Bachelor of Science in Computer or Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to apply digital design knowledge and principles, and architect systems
- Expertise using a hardware description language such as VHDL, Verilog, or System Verilog to implement a design.
- Expertise with Altera, Lattice, Microsemi, or Xilinx devices and tool flows
- Expertise in FPGA timing constraint application and closure
- Expertise in hands-on integration and debug of FPGA-based systems
- Expertise with digital simulation such as Modelsim, Questa, or RivieraPro
- Experience with Python or C programming
- Experience with Python or MATLAB simulation
- Self-directed – Able to complete tasks with little to no oversight
- Past experience in a leadership role such as team lead, technical lead, project lead, etc
- Digital Signal Design processing for FPGA devices, both programming and testing
- Cross-discipline knowledge such as software, systems, modeling, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Highly motivated, high performers with a strong desire to learn and contribute in a fast-paced team environment
- Experience with embedded processor and System on a Chip development for FPGA devices
- FPGA design experience using a Linux-based development environment highly desired
- Knowledge of git and GitHub
- Knowledge of encryption/decryption standards such as AES, RSA, ECC, etc.
- Knowledge of industry standard interfaces and protocols such as AXI, PCIe, SPI, I2C, etc.
- Master of Science in Computer or Electrical Engineering preferred.