Currently looking for a Senior Industrial Employee Relations Specialist to fill an opening with a company located in Fort Morgan, CO. Interested candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree and have a minimum of 5 years of experience in human resources
Acting under limited supervision, the incumbent will utilize their full HR ER knowledge to administer more complex processes related to the delivery of HR ER services - conducting investigations, corrective actions, conflict resolution, leave management, industrial/labor relations (IR), monitoring compliance programs, leading large changes in the ER/IR space for example.
Responsibilities of the Senior Industrial Employee Relations Specialist:
- Serve as a specialist within the Fort Morgan HR market team to provide relevant and effective consulting services (i.e. investigations, conflict resolution, policy interpretation, corrective actions, grievance management, monitor compliance)
- Use full HR ER knowledge to guide/review/perform HR ER projects
- Execute the co-ordinated deployment of HR ER services, including specific strategy requirements
- Leverage and enforce processes and technologies to support delivery of services (i.e. managing service requests timely and accurately)
- Work in close partnership with shared services (CBS) to deliver recurring end-to-end services and processes (i.e. leave management)
- Develop and maintain key internal/external relationships, which may include: business leaders, hiring managers, business/function human resource professionals, industry contacts, employees, Union representatives
- Under limited supervision, provide consult to HR and business managers and supervisors within business regarding the interpretation and delivery of more complex HR ER policies, programs and processes.
- Using full HR ER knowledge, and client intelligence, provide thought leadership in recommending solutions that build on business and functional strategic drivers for the market locations (i.e. voice of the market)
- Represent market location and business clients in prioritization activities and escalations
- Provide feedback into services priorities to ensure market location adoption
- Participate in CBS Migration activities, shared service consolidation and MADJV initiatives as assigned
- Promote the use and implementation of tools/technologies within market location to gain efficiency in delivering HR Solutions
- Provide consult/advice to HR and business managers/supervisors on HR ER/IR issues/activities
- Guide/Review/Perform the design and delivery of HR ER/IR training/education sessions for employees, HR professionals, and/or supervisors/managers in the business.
- Champion a strong continuous improvement culture to ensure deployment of scalable, simplified and standardized processes
- Express, model and reinforce a process-honoring culture
- Using full HR ER knowledge, provide input to ensure service delivery is compliant with laws, regulations, and corporate policies
- Ensure application of standard policies
- Responsible for ensuring proper use of vendor management of HR ER providers.
- Provide input into the appropriate blend of internally sourced service delivery versus vendor sourced delivery
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and standardization on processes currently managed by country and/or regionally
- Ensure consistent adherence to all legal and regulatory requirements in market locations. This may involve working with legal resources and/or external consultants to interpret and implement complex/ambiguous policies
Requirements of the Senior Industrial Employee Relations Specialist:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in human resources
- Strong demonstrated experience in a union environment
- Experience anticipating issues, problem solving and implementing solutions, including referring critical issues to the appropriate level of management, and improving efficiency, quality, cost and productivity
- Demonstrated experience positively influencing and collaborating with business and HR leaders; ability to lead by influence
- Demonstrated strong business acumen with a proven track record to positively impact business results.
- Proven record of implementation and optimization of processes and metrics Demonstrated ability to manage and implement HR processes and client focused solutions
- Strong leadership, stakeholder management and communication skills - ability to thrive as part of a local market team
- Strong knowledge and skill set preparing documentation related to labor relation and grievance administration
- Demonstrated understanding of evolving HR landscape and demonstrated capability of leading organizational change efforts
- Capability to innovate and integrate HR practice around critical business issues, and align people, process and structure to support these innovations
- Competence in connecting people to each other and the business strategy, leveraging technology and processes where appropriate.
- Strong drive for results with results/outcome focus
- Experience in a shared services organization
- Project management experience
- Consultative skills
- Fluent in Spanish