Currently looking for a Product Manager – Sample Prep Products to fill an opening with a company located in Wilmington, Delaware. Interested candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree and have 8+ years' global marketing experience.
As the marketing leader for the product life cycle of multiple products and organizationally complex programs, you'll bring valuable market and customer insights to the team while also providing strategic oversight in the development and execution of comprehensive global marketing activities. Your expertise in collecting, summarizing, and acting on the global voice of customer and market research will be strongly leveraged. Your experience in turning strategy into operational tactics that drive aggressive business results will be critical.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will be part of the strategic marketing team, you'll interface with engineering, manufacturing, and sales to develop new products and to ensure smooth new product(s) or product line(s) introduction. You will understand the importance of developing and communicating the irrefutable value proposition of the company’s Sample Preparation Products to customers.
Seeking highly motivated, worldly experienced, self-driven product manager to support the growth of the company’s Sample Preparation Products (SPP) portfolio.
Responsibilities of the Product Manager Sample Prep Products:
- Drive the SPP product marketing and commercialization strategy as a marketing expert.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with industry influencers and pivotal customers to increase organizational understanding of real customer problems and expectations.
- Monitor industry trends to enhance or distinguish product placement within the competitive arena
- Identify portfolio gaps of critical customer needs in the related industries.
- Define original new applications and solutions using the company’s SPP products to communicate technical and economic value proposition in presentations and related marketing material.
- Support the company’s SPP business by providing expert training to customers, company personnel and through participation in customer road shows and industry events.
- Conducts competitive analysis to determine product positioning, market segmentation, channel mix, pricing, volume, product service/support strategy and identifies customer needs.
- Evaluates business opportunities to define and optimize the product portfolio through analysis and in-depth understanding of targeted markets, market trends, customer business issues, and the competitive environment.
- Uses knowledge of company products, applications and processes to define product strategies and identify product opportunities.
- Works closely with product development to create products and validates early product definitions with customers.
- Firsthand experience collecting, summarizing, and acting on the Voice-of-Customer
- In depth understanding of the importance of sample preparation as part of the customer's workflow; especially related to SPE, SLE, PPT, and QuEChERS workflows.
Requirements of the Product Manager Sample Prep Products:
- Bachelors, Maters or other University degree in a relevant field; may consider applicants with an equivalent combination of education, training and related experience.
- 8+ years' global marketing experience, through which you will have developed an in-depth knowledge of market and channel to the customer mechanisms.
- Solid marketing background with relevant (sample prep) industry knowledge is a huge plus
- Strong leader with customer-focused, solutions-oriented approach.
- Firsthand experience with new product definition, product launch, and product lifecycle management.