Currently looking for a Senior Cost Accountant to fill an opening with a company located in Horseheads, NY. Interested candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and have 5 to 7 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
Responsibilities of the Senior Cost Accountant:
The Senior Cost Accountant will develop, analyze, prepare, and submit cost accounting, general accounting and financial planning information in accordance with required deadlines and corporate policies.
· You will develop, analyze, prepare, and submit cost accounting, general accounting and financial planning information in accordance with required deadlines and corporate policies.
· You will reconcile balance sheet accounts in a timely manner.
· You will prepare a variety of journal entries for input in the corporate general ledger system.
· You will analyze general ledger accounts, as necessary.
· You will complete Month End close and all associated schedules/commentaries per Division established time periods.
· You will implement standard costing rates and modifies standards, as necessary.
· You will coordinate annual inventory. Obtains quarterly off-site inventory counts if applicable. Prepares variance analysis, variance reconciliation reports and required corporate Physical Count reporting.
· You will coordinate cost information for annual cost revision.
· You will develop and report annual LIFO information.
· You will maintain current and standard cost information in manufacturing system.
· You will be responsible for updating yearly burden rates, S&O, and Warranty Tac-on templates.
· You will be an active member of the Inventory Accuracy Team. Assist in variance investigation and provides corrective action suggestions.
· You will update and analyze Material Price Variance report.
· You will reconcile, investigate, and close open inventory balances on aged manufacturing orders.
· You will develop sales and cost of sales detail for the monthly forecast process in a timely manner.
· You will be responsible for the timely completion of monthly sales and cost of sales detail for forecast.
Requirements of the Senior Cost Accountant:
-Bachelors Degree in Accounting
-7 to 10 years experience