- The quality engineer is responsible in making sure that every function and operation in production happens with high quality, efficiently and effectively.
- Represent the “Needs of the Customer” in internal functions such as:
APQP project teams, with responsibility to contribute to successful launch of products.
Manage the preparation of capability studies, gage R&R, inspection instructions and control plans for all new products.
Manage the customer PPAP submission process.
Manage the continuous review of control plans and capability studies to assure compliance and continuous improvement.
Manage for the highest level of customer satisfaction. Develop action item / improvement plans when gaps are present.
Act as main customer liaison for any quality-related customer concerns.
- Control further processing, delivery, or installation of nonconforming product until the deficiency of unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- Ensure products meet the quality standard of the company.
- Regularly monitor production and machinery to ensure quality.
- Collect feedback to ensure Customer Satisfaction.
- Update and maintain Customer control plans.
- Create testing procedures for quality checks.
- Follow the quality control standards.
- Collect relevant data from the various related sources.
- Improve quality of the work and develop new guidelines to meet new regulations.
- Provide training when necessary to update employee knowledge.
- Record all quality test results and presenting them before management.
- Comply with Customer Specific Requirements (CSR’s) as they relate to their job.
- Comply with the Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies.
- Bachelors Degree in technical field / or 5 years relevant experience.
- Excellent analytical skills in order to observe the various aspects carefully.
- Exceptional decision making and problem solving skills.
- Have a keen eye for detail work.
- Strong knowledge of quality standards, regulatory and statutory regulations.
- Excellent communication and writing abilities.
- Microsoft Office & Outlook experience.
- Team focused.
- Ability to complete tasks within a given time frame.
- Must be able to multitask.