Currently looking for an Engineering Manager to fill an opening with a company located in Holdrege, NE. Interested candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a regulated business or manufacturing setting and have at least 2 years of supervisory experience.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for all aspects of Project Engineering at the Holdrege site. The role is responsible for the Facilities department and all associated activities. This position will be responsible for implementing the Project Engineering strategy to ensure future capacity, and cost reduction targets, are achieved, develop plans, generate justifications, and manage large scale capital projects.
Additionally, this person needs to be familiar with concepts and application of Lean Manufacturing techniques and able to play a key role in driving improvements in plant productivity.
Responsibilities of the Engineering Manager:
- Plans, designs and implements new projects to improve productivity, efficiency and capacity of the company..
- Oversees all new equipment design activities, and acceptance; project schedules; vendor management; and, cost estimates for all major projects
- Responsible for creation and management of Engineering and Facilities capital budgets
- Responsible for the development of all Project Engineering personnel within the Project and Facilities Teams
- Through Facilities Partner and Facilities Project Engineer responsible for the management of the Site ensuring all activities associated with the operation of Plant services and facilities (including boilers, air conditioning systems, utilities, security and other soft services) are fully maintained
- Through Project Engineering is responsible for future Engineering Project Management and is the direct link Diabetes Care WW Engineering group based in NJ
- Ensures resources are allocated to projects that will support the company and Diabetes Care business goals and objectives
- Ensures that any statutory legislation and/or quality system requirements are adhered to with regard to process changes and process initiation, including GMP and Validation processes
- Ensure compliance to Health and Safety legislation and best practice
- Actively pursues cost reduction opportunities, to meet challenging annual plant budget requirements
- Actively seeks opportunities to share learning and copy best practice with other sites
- As part of the company Environmental Management Team, support the maintenance of the Environmental Management system in accordance with ISO14001 and applicable regulations
- Participate in the implementation of initiatives which support the WW Manufacturing Strategy
- Complies with, and responsible for enforcing, all local and corporate safety regulations policies/procedures.
- Complies with all corporate and local company quality policies/procedures/practices through consistent application of sound Quality Assurance principles. Ensures compliance through appropriate communication, training and education of sound Quality Assurance principles. Responsible for the activities and programs as defined for this position in the Quality Systems Manual.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Observes all safety, environmental and quality system standards.
Additional Responsibilities Of the Engineering Manager:
This position will supervise and direct an organization of 25 – 30 professional level associates. Direct reports include:
- Project Engineering Leaders
- Facilities Manager
- Facilities Project Engineer
- Controls Engineering Leader
- Engineering Assistant
Requirements of the Engineering Manager:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field
- 5+ years related engineering experience in a regulated business or manufacturing setting.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience