Currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer- Hypersonic Air Vehicle to fill an opening with a company located in Tucson, AZ. Interested candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace and have a minimum of 14 years professional experience.
Candidate will be responsible to develop air vehicle requirements derived from mission requirements and hypersonic aero-thermal flight environments. Responsible to flow requirements to mechanical sub-systems, putting forth and leading the mechanical architecture of a product, leading the design phase enabling early cycles of learning, establishing critical design elements and processes, leading the delivery of the Tech Data Package (TDP), influence integration & qualification plans and model correlation, and maintain the design integrity during the production sustainment life cycle. This position will focus on design, analysis, fabrication, integration and testing of advanced high speed airframes. The candidate will be expected to effectively present their work in program and business unit reviews and to provide expert counseling and mentoring to early career engineers.
As a Senior Principal Engineer, the individual is expected to function without appreciable direction or supervision exercising considerable latitude in defining terms and conditions of deliverables in collaboration across Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, and Quality. Candidates should possess and articulate a proven record of delivered performance through data driven decision making, risk and opportunity management, and systems thinking to assure delivered product performance relative to the company brand name. Additionally, the candidate will promote a teaching culture in developing new talent through intentional engagement of early career and mid-level engineers to share knowledge, lessons learned, and best practices.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Engineer – Air Vehicle:
- Influencing hypersonic air vehicle system architectures in pre-proposal and proposal phases
- Leading development and design activities of hypersonic missile and air vehicle airframe structures
- Guiding the development of the engineering personnel in hypersonic airframe development
- Reducing design cycle time and development costs for hypersonic air vehicle development
- Briefing senior company personnel and customers
- Collaborating across Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, and Quality
- Interface directly with Office of the Chief Engineer and Program Management Office
Requirements of the Mechanical Engineer – Air Vehicle:
• Master’s degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
• 14 plus years of professional experience
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities from multiple sources
- A minimum of 10 years of applicable experience focused on design, analysis, fabrication, integration and testing of advanced airframes
- Design, development, test, and integration of airframe components into an air vehicle achieving optimal system performance
- Experience demonstrating the ability to lead multidisciplinary team
- Experience demonstrating the ability to establish cost effective methods for testing and validation of a hypersonic air vehicle design
- Experience generating proposals for airframe development
- Experience within aerospace industry
- US Citizenship is required as this position required the ability to obtain a DoD issued security clearance