Currently looking for a FPGA Design Engineer to fill an opening with a company located in Palm Bay, FL or Colorado Springs, CO. Interested candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, a minimum of 6 years of experience and you must be a US citizen to have the ability to obtain TS/SCI security clearance.
Responsibilities of the Design Engineer – FPGA:
- Thorough understanding of VHDL, the FPGA design process and the tools used to generate the FPGA designs.
- Understand the requirements, architect a solution targeting an FPGA against those requirements and implement that solution in an FPGA.
- Lead a small team of designers in generating the FPGA design solutions.
- Simulate the FPGA to verify performance, then integrate and test the FPGA on the circuit card assembly
- Full life cycle development and integration of VHDL into different families of FPGAs.
Requirements of the Design Engineer – FPGA:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience or a Masters' Degree with a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience
- You must be a US citizen to have the ability to obtain TS/SCI security clearance.
Preferred Requirements of the Design Engineer – FPGA:
- Experience with high speed memory interfaces.
- Experience with high speed serial protocols (PCI Express, SRIO, Ethernet).
- Experience with Analog to Digital (AD) and Digital to Analog (DA) interfaces.
- Experience with control protocols such I2C, SPI, RS-232/422, and SpaceWire.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work and communicate effectively within a development group.
- Ability to work in a team environment and negotiate solutions with Hardware / Software Engineering and Systems Engineering is preferred.
- Proficiency with Xilinx, Microsemi, and Altera Tool Suites (VHDL, Synthesis, Place and Route, Simulation, Timing Analysis).
Note: You must be a US citizen to have the ability to obtain TS/SCI security clearance.