Currently looking for a Functional Safety Senior Engineer Engineer to fill an opening with a company located in Moline, IL. Interested candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering, Science or Technology related discipline and have a minimum of 5 -7 years of Product Engineering experience related to designing and/or testing embedded electronic systems.
Responsibilities of the Senior Safety Engineer:
As the functional safety senior engineer you will work with development and delivery teams across the enterprise in applying functional safety methods and assessments to advance our production programs. In addition, you will:
- Apply in-depth and broad technical knowledge of functional safety to provide innovative identification and resolution of functional safety assessment issues that arise in development of integrated electrical and embedded electronics in our products.
- Lead platform teams on ISO25119/ISO13849 functional safety assessments. Conduct analysis and produce solutions with platform teams in response to functional safety assessments.
- Provide technical support around functional safety to delivery teams developing new features and functions.
- Lead the architecture discussion in response to a functional safety assessment.
- Lead resources inside Deere in resolving difficult technical issues with functional safety. This includes working with development teams to define and design compliant system and sub-system.
- Maintain knowledge of, and contributes to, the functional safety software and architecture development practices that span across the company and monitors their application.
- Train development teams about software development activities tied to software requirement levels (SRL).
- Provide training and consulting related to ISO25119/ISO13849.
VISA Sponsorship is NOT
available for this position.
Requirements of the Senior Safety Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering, Science or Technology related discipline
- 5 – 7 years of Product Engineering experience related to designing and/or testing embedded electronic systems (mechanical/electrical/hydraulic/drivetrain/engine) for on- or off-road mobile equipment
- Embedded system design and architecture experience
- Functional Safety standard awareness/experience
- Practical system engineering design technical expertise
What Makes You Stand Out:
- · Experiences in developing system requirements, testing and integrating systems, and performing system trade studies and system decision and architectural analysis and assignments in multiple design centers
- · An advanced degree in engineering or a certificate in system engineering