Currently looking for a Total Rewards and HRIS Manager to fill an opening with a company located in San Francisco, CA. Interested candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource or
Business Administration and have a minimum of 7+ years total related Compensation and HRIS experience and 2-3 years of supervisory experience required.
This position is Not a remote position and does require you to work from our San Francisco, CA office.
Responsibilities of the Total Rewards and HRIS Manager:
As the Manager Total Rewards and HRIS you will be responsible for managing the compensation and HRIS programs and policies of the company for all operations to ensure compliance with applicable laws. In this role, you will assist with the design, development, implementation, administration and assessment of compensation programs, including incentive plans that support the organization's business strategy to attract, motivate and retain excellent employees. Additionally, you will recommend and embrace best practices, survey the industry to determine competitive positioning and will be responsible for introducing innovative and efficient process improvements that leverage processes and technology.
As the Manager Total Rewards and HRIS you will also manage a team and will be responsible for hiring and supervising your staff, and coordinating activities with other HR functional areas to assure data integrity, timeliness, and ease of access to needed information by management and employees.
HRIS and Data Analytics:
Builds HRIS strategy and leads optimization process: involves key stakeholders to help identify requirements, risks and trade-offs, manage RFP process with appropriate vendors, recommends systems and modules per the RFP, oversees implementation, educates end users on system capabilities, and continuously seeks system enhancements to support evolving company requirements.
• Provides effective leadership and direction to HRIS staff and develops a clear plan for optimization of the HR and ancillary information systems.
• Continually assesses system functionality and recommends enhancements and ancillary systems to improve efficiency, controls and service to users.
• Ensures staff is cross-trained on system modules and develops written plans for business continuity during system outage.
• Assesses and implements appropriate levels of self-service and manages self-service functionality.
• Develops training plans and standard operating procedures for new system users.
• Oversees all systems security; ensuring clear accountability and data security as well as compliance with applicable laws.
• Conducts regular data audits and re-training with the goal of 100% data accuracy and functionality.
• Follows best-practices for system design and implementation; maintains close communication and networking with system providers and users.
• Develops project plans, prioritizes project requests, monitors project completion to assigned deadlines, and ensures quality and timely delivery of solutions.
• Defines and ensures execution of effective HR processes such that accurate and timely employee data is produced, transmitted and secured/stored as required.
• Overall accountability for data integrity to include quality, accuracy, SOX compliance, and usability of employee data and related interfaces, by implementing adequate controls and audits
• In collaboration with the Director, Human Resources researches market competitive practices, recommends new programs or enhancements based on cost/benefit analyses, benchmarking, and alignment with the company’s strategic direction
• Works with external consultants and professional industry organizations to understand and benchmark market practices in order to maintain competitive plans
• Responsible for the planning and designing of the annual compensation salary planning process:
o Manages the data transfer from all source systems
o Prepares management reporting
o Develops and delivers compensation planning training
o Recommends compensation related systems enhancements
o Provides guidance to planning managers regarding compensation and salary administration
• Keeps apprised of federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulations in order to ensure company compliance
• Educates supervisors and managers on all compensation issues and recommends appropriate resolutions.
Requirements of the Total Rewards and HRIS Manager:
• Highly analytical and a strong background in compensation design, analysis and administration, including experience with the design of incentive programs, and executive, professional, exempt and non-exempt plans
• Project management experience leading large scale HR systems implementation. Strong critical thinking skills and ability to diagnose and solve problems.
• Excellent communications with the ability influence and negotiate with individuals at all levels
• Cross-functional collaboration skills with the ability to work well with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels
• Strong planning and project management skills with the ability to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently
• Ability to develop and implement programs required
• Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain relationships with both internal and external customers as well as with strong vendor management skills
Experience / Education:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource, Business Administration, or equivalent education required
• 7+ years total related Compensation and HRIS experience in a progressive HR and business environment required
• 2-3 years of supervisory experience required
• Expert knowledge in managing and maintaining retirement programs required - knowledge of 401(k) plan management from start to finish required; to include project management, enrollment, vendor management, auditing, filings, and training, education, and communication
• CCP (Certified Compensation Professional) or SPHR (Senior Professional Human Resources Certificate) designation desirable
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word); to include advanced MS Excel skills (Pivot-Tables, VLookUps, MACROs, etc.) required
• Intermediate knowledge of SQL, to include, SQL coding, running and writing queries, data extraction, manipulation, and analysis required.