Currently looking for an Oracle Fusion Specialist to fill an opening with a company located in Pittsburgh, PA. Interested candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, math, or related subject and have a minimum of 5 years of experience using Oracle Middleware products like SOA Suite and Service Bus
The Oracle Fusion Specialist is accountable for managing and supporting the development, deployment and implementation of new system and information solutions utilizing Oracle’s Fusion Middleware SOA Suite software; to understand and direct others in supporting and enhancing existing systems and technologies in this space; and to appl your standards, procedures and technologies. The Oracle Fusion Specialist manages the integration of multiple computer systems or components to ensure consistent data across applications
Primary Purpose of the Function
- The principal objective of this position is to participate in the development, deployment and implementation of new systems, technologies and information solutions in Oracle Fusion Middleware SOA Suite and to understand and direct others in supporting and enhancing existing systems and technologies in this space.
- Participate as an internal consultant to our businesses and various customer groups
- The Integration Services team is responsible for the middleware platform that connects our systems with customers, suppliers, and other our systems, transmitting 30,000+ external and 1,000,000+ internal messages daily. The team maintains the environment to ensure continuous operations and actively designs and builds innovative integration solutions to address business and customer needs. This role will encompass both development and project management activities, as well as participation in the management and planning of the infrastructure and operating environments of the Integration Services area
Responsibilities of the Oracle Fusion Specialist:
- Serve as lead to provide integration solutions for business requirements using Oracle SOA suite, the EBS Integrated SOA Gateway, XML and eCommerce Gateways to build the integrations between Oracle eBusiness Suite, other internal applications and/or third-party applications
- Work closely with the Database administrators, developers and functional consultants to define the design, development, unit test, and deployment of Oracle Fusion integration components.
- Maintain an understanding of customer priorities and objectives and work with them to create system requirements and specifications.
- Support Application Developers and Operations personnel in implementing solutions that utilize services and integrations consistently, efficiently and effectively.
- Provide system analysis and troubleshooting for Oracle SOA Suite 12c production issues.
- Work with stakeholders to inform them of upgrade and platform changes required for the ongoing functionality of SOA Suite Fusion Middleware. Coordinate and manage upgrades as required.
- Stay current on industry standards and application offerings, working with vendors and support teams as appropriate to provide direction, organize and prioritize the work of the team(s) to ensure that the system is maintained at a supportable and sustainable level of technology both in problem resolution and development opportunities.
- Be accountable to ensure that Oracle Fusion Middleware meets all compliance and audit requirements. Ensure that technical and support documentation is maintained.
- Provide coaching and training in tool usage to business level clients as needed.
- Business Unit and Resource Unit customers.
- Suppliers of products and services
- Work team, peers, manager and other relevant personnel in the ITAS organization
Requirements of the Oracle Fusion Specialist:
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Project management experience with small or medium size projects
- Experience with change management and version control
- Identify problems/issues and provide recommendations to resolve
- Work alone or as part of a team to develop, implement, evaluate, procure, and/or support computer systems and information solutions that meet the needs of the customer and add the most value to the company. This is to be accomplished by utilizing technically sound methods of investigation, analysis, design, planning, and scheduling.
- Provide advice and counsel to the customers of the systems or technologies in assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Develop a general understanding of the business processes or technologies in area(s) of assignment;
- Ensure appropriate methodologies are followed, support processes and procedures are in place, and key system/quality indicators are measured, where appropriate.
- Identify, establish and support value added cross functional data and system linkages.
- Successfully operate in an on and off shore model that provides development and/or support solutions in the assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Lead and manage multiple priorities, with the ability to prioritize tasks across different work efforts
- A strong and proven willingness to learn and to take on challenge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Qualifications of the Oracle Fusion Specialist:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, math, or related subject.
- 5 years of experience using Oracle Middleware products like SOA Suite and Service Bus
- Strong human relation skills and be able to interact with both internal corporate customers, and other IT professionals and management.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills