Currently looking for an Accounting Policy/Corporate Development Accountant to fill an opening with a company located in St. Louis, MO. Interested candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree and have a minimum of 5 years of experience in Accounting.
This position performs the due diligence and integration accounting activities for acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures as well as the coordination of such activities. This position also works closely with the Corporate Development group as well as other groups across the company. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Accounting Policy.
Responsibilities of the Accounting Policy/Corporate Development Accountant:
• Serving as a subject matter expert on various technical accounting matters related to acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures as well as interpreting, researching and resolving such matters.
• Monitoring and evaluating the impact of proposed accounting rule changes as well as assisting in the interpretation and implementation of accounting policies
• Performing due diligence
• Integrating newly acquired companies
• Creation of accounting policies and procedures for joint ventures
• Preparing technical accounting whitepapers and coordinating with external auditors.
• Working with third party valuation experts to prepare the opening balance sheet for acquisitions
• Preparing and/or review asset impairment analyses including the annual test for goodwill impairment and tradenames.
• Reviewing footnote disclosures for acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, investments and goodwill
• Ensuring continued compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley Act
• Participating in special projects and other technical accounting matters as they arise
Requirements of the Accounting Policy/Corporate Development Accountant:
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 5 or more years experience in Accounting
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Experience in technical accounting and/or mergers and acquisitions activity through industry and/or public accounting
- Bachelor's degree and typically 15 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 13 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.