Currently looking for an Engineering Manager to fill an opening with a company, this position will be based in Detroit, MI; Battle Creek, MI; or Southfield, MI. Interested candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree and have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in automotive Industry experience and a minimum of 2 years of experience leading teams (directly or indirectly).
Responsibilities of the Engineering Manager:
The Engineering Manager is responsible to guide, direct, and execute the engineering activities of the Power Train - Torque Control Product (TCP) Engineering Team to design products in accordance with company design standards, cost targets, and customer quality and timing expectations. The Engineering Manager plans and directs project activities through application of proficient technical knowledge and leadership capabilities.
Responsibilities include direct and indirect supervision, and employee performance and career development. This position has responsibility for direct interface with customers, suppliers, company leadership, and company functions and facilities globally.
- You will manage direct reports, like project engineers, subject matter experts, managers of people.
- You will establish goals and provides direction to the team in areas of cost optimized design and process selection to meet customer & internal specification requirements. Also you will be responsible to set timing targets to meet customer industrialization time frame and quality milestones.
- You will provide project leadership, mentoring, and training for engineering team on design and development processes, software, procedures, specifications, etc.
- You will review and report on engineering metrics and/or test results through engineering reports and written correspondence to ensure timely and effective communication with supervisors and peers.
- You will play a significant role in identifying and developing new business opportunities or connections that enhance business performance.
- You will make presentations to internal and external customers on programs or products as required. Manages the customer support and assures VOC and customer intelligence gathered by the resident engineers located at the customer sites.
- You will have ownership of TCP current products and selected sub-systems and components.
- You will participate in providing the creation, implementation and administration of departmental policies, procedures, and work instructions in order to build and promote a team environment for product introduction, development and support activities.
Requirements of the Engineering Manager:
Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in automotive Industry experience.
Minimum of 2 years of experience leading teams (directly or indirectly).
Experience managing programs or projects.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now and in the future.
7+ years of product development experience.
PMP certification and experience with Large-scale cross functional project team management experienc
Black belt certification and experience with Design for Six sigma or Red X.
Experience with vehicle dynamics, vehicle controls development, and calibration experience.
Experience with materials – irons, steels, etc.
Axel or driveline experience.