Currently looking for an Environmental Professional to fill an opening with a company located in Fargo, ND. Interested candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biology or Chemistry and experience with all major environmental regulatory programs including Air Permitting, Solid Waste Management, Wastewater/Storm water Management, and Chemical Management and Reporting.
Responsibilities of the Environmental Professional
As a Senior Environmental Professional in Fargo, ND, you will manage all aspects of environmental compliance at Electronic Solutions and Seeding, Valley City. In addition, you will:
- Serve as a resource and provide leadership to management and internal teams along with acting as a liaison with external regulatory agencies, suppliers and other environmental organizations.
- Develop, implement and maintain an Environmental Management System (EMS) that assures the facility is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Maintain ISO 14001 Certification at JDES Fargo.
- Aid facility management in setting environmental goals and ensure understanding of the compliance requirements of the unit/company.
- Analyze appropriate Environmental reporting metrics to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Prepare strategic and tactical plans as required to meet goals established by the company, unit and/or division.
- Develop programs and participate in periodic audits and inspections of the factory and its regulatory compliance status to identify potential environmental problems and recommend corrective measures where necessary.
Visa sponsorship is NOT
available for this position.
Requirements of the Environmental Professional:
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biology or Chemistry Degree.
- Experience with all major environmental regulatory programs including Air Permitting, Solid Waste Management, Wastewater/Storm water Management, and Chemical Management and Reporting
- Experience with Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and standards
- Excellent Interpersonal communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills and experience
- 4 or more years of experience in the environmental profession in a manufacturing environment
- Experience using standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally up to 50%
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experiencing developing and managing programs to meet ISO14001 standards
- Experience managing, supervising, or leading teams
- Experience developing and implementing strategic plans