Currently looking for an air Regulatory Specialist to fill an opening with a company located in Waterloo, Iowa. Interested candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in an engineering/ technology discipline and experience with NAAQs modeling.
Responsibilities of the air Regulatory Specialist:
As a Senior Regulatory Specialist, Air
in Waterloo, IA, you will provide expertise and manage all aspects of air compliance across the Waterloo units. In addition, you will:
- Develop and implement air permitting strategies to maintain compliance across the Waterloo units, with specific focus on the Product Engineering Center (PEC) and Foundry. The strategy includes New Source Review and National Ambient Air Quality aspects to support future business.
- Maintain close liaison with air regulatory agencies at Iowa DNR and EPA. -Represents the company when negotiating new permits, permit revisions and settlements of environmental incidents.
- Lead the direction of information required for the completion of government reports.
- Review and complete reporting requirements to assure compliance and consistency across the units.
- Monitor and review regulatory updates to ensure consistent application at the units supported.
- Coach and develop less experienced professionals to further enhance regulatory knowledge at the unit.
Visa sponsorship is NOT
available for this position.
Requirements of the air Regulatory Specialist:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering/ technology discipline
- Experience applying for and implementing the requirements of PSD Permits
- Experience with NAAQs modeling with both an understanding of the types of projects requiring modeling, as well as knowledge of the impact projects may have on compliance to NAAQs requirements
- Experience developing and implementing strategic plans, including the gathering of input and buy-in from more senior leaders
- Experience leading cross-functional teams of environmental and non-environmental professionals
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience with diesel engine emissions and non-road regulations
- Experience with foundry operations, specifically compliance with the foundry NESHAP