Currently looking for a Sr. Property Tax Advisor to fill an opening with a company located in Memphis, TN. Interested candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree and have an understanding of financial statement and fixed asset concepts.
Under the direction of the Property Tax Manager, manage and prepare property tax compliance processes (data gathering, balance sheet to fixed asset reconciliation, return preparation, assessed value review, value appeals, tax bill payments, and audits) for assigned facilities. Ensure that all systems and procedures comply with the reporting requirements of the state and local taxing jurisdictions (40+ states). Value added projects to achieve tax savings for the facilities through the pursuit of abatement and incentive opportunities.
Responsibilities of the Sr. Property Tax Advisor:
- Compiling tax data for compliance reporting including reconciling financial statements and internal/external reports to determine taxability of assets. Preparing estimates for property tax liability accruals and reviewing tax bills for payment. Interacting with GFS and Controllers regarding adjustments made by the Corporate Property Tax group.
- Respond to all questions from State and Local taxing jurisdiction related to return filing and billing requirements.
- Provide support to inquiries from various internal business groups, outsourced consultants and outside compliance team.
- Coordinate and review work performed by outsourced consultants.
- Assist with property tax audits including pre-audit documentation preparation, troubleshooting, preliminary review of auditor reports, and refund coordination of potential overpayments of tax.
- Ability to manage multiple projects during filing period.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships.
- Multiple taxing jurisdictions with diverse laws, regulations and exemptions, and changes in compliance reporting.
- Managing change in business processes and systems.
- Collect, review and prepare property tax data for multiple facilities within the filing period in order to file property tax returns timely.
- Fixed Asset review for assigned locations.
- Data gathering from multiple systems and locations.
- Compliance reporting for 40+ states and multiple local jurisdictions.
- Value added projects to identify tax savings opportunities.
- Potential audit defense in multiple local and state jurisdictions.
Requirements of the Sr. Property Tax Advisor:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Understanding of financial statement and fixed asset concepts.
- General/broad understanding of property tax a plus.
- Proficient/advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- SAP experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Property Tax software system (PTMS) a plus.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.