Senior Systems Engineer / Network Architect will be the subject matter expert for architecting, implementing, testing, and troubleshooting enterprise and local area networks. The Systems Engineer / Network Architect will lead the design and implementation of architectures for proposals and/or projects to build or enhance enterprise networks and local area networks. This position will solve highly complex networking problems and interact internally with management and customer
The candidate should be able to perform the following tasks with minimal oversight;
- Develop network architecture and designs based on requirements.
- Interact with senior program managers and customers to refine network engineering approaches and strategies.
- Support development of system-level requirements, test plans, and integration tasks.
- Develop network requirements, test plans, and integration tasks.
- Develop internal requirements, CONOPs and interface control documents from customer or product requirements.
- Provide technical leadership to development teams at internal and external gate reviews such as technical baseline reviews and design reviews.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation activities in support of programs and development efforts.
- Ensure the logical and systemic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions to meet technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- 6+ years with a BS/BA (Bachelor's) in a technical discripline or equivalent.
- Active TS/SCI or TS/SSBI security clearance required.
This position requires the candidate to have an active TS/SCI or TS/SSBI security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance, you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship
- Experience in the architecture/design, development, and implementation of large scale Wide Area Network (WAN) and Local Area Network (LAN) architectures desired.
- Well versed in network security implementation, especially associated with ICD 503 requirements is desired
- Comprehensive understanding of technical principles, theories and concepts of signal modulation, encoding, and other digital processing schemes
- Comprehensive understanding of Software components including firmware, operating systems, drivers, applications and other computing system software
- Comprehensive understanding of hardware components including electrical equipment, digital processing hardware (ASIC, CPLD, FPGA), circuit boards, microprocessor systems, computer system architectures and interfaces
- Solid technical foundation and proven experience working with development engineering teams as well as direct customer interaction
- Ability to lead and mentor team members in the lifecycle support of the network and associated management systems.
- Industry network and security certifications (e.g. CISSP, JNCCIE, CCIE) are a plus.