Currently looking for a Senior Solution architect to fill an opening with a company located in Chicago, IL. Interested candidates preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology and seven or more years of demonstrable experience with progressively more complex systems/solutions. This role is open to remote/virtual location, the preference is for candidate to be in Chicago area.
This Solution Architect should have a strong experience in executing on technology strategy, and building out a simplicity-focused pragmatic roadmap, to get us there.
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise
- May lead teams or projects with high resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices
- Solves complex problems, taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions where change is needed
- Works primarily without guidance apart from only the most complex situations
- May lead functional teams or projects
Responsibilities of the Senior Solution Architect:
- Designing the company’s Analytics systems/solutions in a way to ensure a highly-available, highly-secure, platform/environment for our products and services.
- Providing mentorship to peers and other team members relating to best practices, and cloud architecture.
- Ensuring solutions are designed/developed pragmatically based on business value, with a vision towards end-state, and an execution path that will get there.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest cloud architecture and tools and leveraging those within the company’s Analytics solution design.
- Driving new ways of building solutions based on the latest cloud solutions available and driving alignment/consistency across peer/leadership group to gain buy-in and leverage those accordingly.
- Ensuring solutions are built with a long-term approach, and short term tactical steps will not inhibit end-state vision.
- Working with partners to ensure execution of any externally developed components meets solution standards.
- Recommending/finding alternatives and more simplified solution approaches.
- Providing resourcing forecasts on high-level scopes of work to aid in investment approach/timelines.
- Apply knowledge of all aspects of the system life cycle, from specification, analysis and design, development, testing, and maintenance.
- Understand, participate, and support the entire solution from ideation and visual design through the SDLC, lifecycle activities such as extending or updating a system, planning retirement of a system.
- Create technology feasibility models through research and Proofs of Concepts (POCs).
- Driving architectural changes through design, review, execution, and deployment to ensure success and resiliency of owned solution scope.
Requirements of the Senior Solution Architect:
- Seven or more years of demonstrable experience with progressively more complex systems/solutions.
- Experience designing highly available, large-scale, cloud-based systems.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, leveraging influence, persuasion, and group facilitation skills to accomplish business objectives.
- Demonstrable drive to stay up-to-date on latest technologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to positively work with peers, leadership, and customers alike.
- Demonstrated effective analytical and conceptual skills, with the ability to translate business plans and solution group objectives into effective action plans that deliver positive employee and credit union experiences
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field. Advanced degree desirable.
- Five or more years of experience working with cloud-based technologies, Azure experience desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of the financial services industry, the various regulations within that space, and demonstrated ability to execute on their compliance
- Role open to remote/virtual location, preference for candidate to be in Chicago area.