Currently looking for a Systems Engineer to fill an opening with a company located in Houston, TX. Interested candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in systems engineering (a Master’s degree is preferred) and have a minimum of 6 years of experience with system architectures for real-time, embedded medical device products including RF communication technologies (preferred).
This position will be a technical leader, leading the system engineering projects on new and existing product development. In this role, most of your time will be spent on driving system requirements from user needs and working cross-functionally to allocate these to appropriate subsystems.
Responsibilities of the Systems Engineer:
- Drive the definition of future LivaNova products by engaging cross-functionally with stakeholders (internal and external) to establish key technical strategic and tactical plans including the definition of user needs and system requirements for next-generation product (wireless implantable systems, mobile applications, patient devices, Big Data, etc.)
- Drive the execution of contextual inquiries, development of use case diagrams, data flow diagrams, wireframe diagrams, sequence diagrams and use the results to develop concepts and prototypes for future products and validate against user needs.
- Utilize primary standards for the medical device business such as 13485, 14971, 60601-1 and 45502-1, 62304 for software, etc. that drive the design activities
The Systems Engineers will help define, architect, design and validate our next-generation Neuromodulation products! You’re passionate about technology and love to collaborate! Using your excellent systems engineering and communication skills, we will be looking to you to not only identify customer needs but to also create and present the material that allows cross-functional teams to continue to develop products that stratify those needs.
You will be joining our Systems Engineering team built of can-do attitudes, eagerness to learn and teach and are hard working. We are operating on aggressive timelines but also know when to break and have some fun. LivaNova is producing world-class products for the Medical Device Implantable Market, and we will need you to help change the lives of our patients. You must have systems engineering experience including user needs and systems requirements definition, understanding of full product development lifecycle, and systems validation. Be ready to have examples of where you have performed these activities and explanations of the methods used.
Requirements of the Systems Engineer:
- Technical degree in systems engineering or another technical discipline such as electrical or software engineering – preferably a Master’s degree; this includes some familiarity with the Systems Engineering Body of Knowledge (SEBoK) built through study and/or experience
- Broad skills and experience with system architectures for real-time, embedded medical device products including RF communication technologies (preferred)
- Demonstrated past performance in leading engineers in the development of FDA Class 2 and three medical devices from a systems perspective
- Broad skills in working with embedded systems especially with electrical and/or software disciplines
- Skills and knowledge in system verification and validation are preferred
- Excellent communication skills to work on and lead cross-functional teams to develop new or modify existing systems