Currently looking for an Senior R&D Electrical Engineer to fill an opening with a company located in San Jose, CA
This position is focused on research and development (R&D) of high voltage circuitry and electronics for next generation mass spectrometer systems. Candidates must have expertise in design of precision high voltage (up to 20 kVdc) architectures with better than 1 part-per-million (<1ppm) stability and with sub-ppm noise. The candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering and experience in analog board level design, especially encompassing RF and mixed signal designs. A minimum requirement is 5 years (10 preferred) of industrial design experience, preferably in laboratory instrumentation R&D.
This is a senior-level position, and requires mature ability for independent and directed research and development and strong command of good engineering practice. Ability for and commitment to documentation is essential. This position will require ownership of design through quality control/validation testing and transfer to manufacture.
Responsibilities of the Senior R&D Electrical Engineer are:
* Design of high voltage circuitry, electronics, and system components
* Characterize HV circuits and components
* Assemble, debug and test: Board-level and modular integration of circuits and components into working instrumentation for the purpose of new product introductions
* Documentation: schematics, theory of ops, interface with company CAD/components database
* Familiarity with industry-standard HV components, connectors, cables, etc., and experience in interfacing with vendors to procure special HV components
* Modeling for validation of design using simulation software, e.g. spice, HP-MDS, and similar
* Experience with writing and executing quality test procedures, e.g. radiated and conducted immunities and emissions, etc., for high voltage systems manufacture
* Integration of analog and mixed signal circuits and systems at the board level.
* Oversee PCA layout process.
* Take responsibility for assigned projects from inception to completion
* Maintain appropriate laboratory notebooks, periodically present work to the R&D team as well as to the management team.
* Support preparation of patent applications to protect proprietary technology.
Requirements of the Senior R&D Electrical Engineer are:
* Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or equivalent. Master's degree preferred.
* Greater than 5 years of industrial engineering experience, 10 preferred
* Demonstrated design and development experience with precision, low-noise high voltage (> 1kVdc) analog circuits and electronics.
* Experience with relevant analog and RF simulation tools
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Enthusiasm for working in a diverse, demanding, and collaborative environment
* Demonstrated initiative and creativity
* Strong work ethic and team player attributes
* Scripting language (e.g. Python)
* Experience in mass spectrometry and/or the development of high voltage components for MS