Currently looking for two Maintenance Superintendent to fill openings with a company located in San Antonio, TX and Hondo, TX. . Interested candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and have a minimum of 5 years of experience in aggregate operations with understanding of mineral processing equipment.
Supervise maintenance and operational activities. This person’s main emphasis will be in executing maintenance strategies but it may include pit and/or plant production and product loading. This quarry is located in San Antonio, Texas.
Responsibilities of the Maintenance Superintendent:
Training and development of team, scheduling, performance management, and effective leadership of hourly workforce.
Successfully implement the Company's safety and environmental processes.
Monitor, recommend, and implement repairs and routine maintenance of equipment, buildings and grounds.
Investigates abnormal operating events or equipment failures to determine cause; makes adjustments, repairs, and/or modifications as needed.
Fully develop and implement a world class maintenance management system through the utilization of the JD Edwards CMMS platform.
Successfully lead and manage to established production, safety, and environmental objectives and metrics.
Requirements of the Maintenance Superintendent:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Mining, Civil) or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years' experience in aggregate operations with understanding of mineral processing equipment such as crushers, screens, scrubbers, conveyors, and associated mobile equipment preferred
- Minimum 5+ year supervisory experience in a mining environment preferred
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
- Understands accountability; proven strong leadership skills and a track record for creating employee ownership of safety production and quality
- Project management and installation experience preferred
- Capital project management experience preferred
- Experience with pit design/exploration, drilling, blasting, inventory control, inventory measures and customer service preferred
- Proficient on PC to include MS Office suite; Aggflow or other similar programs would be a plus
- Good understanding of business finance
- Capable of completing accurate and thorough performance evaluations
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Knowledge of hazards associated with areas of responsibility
- Ability to work flexible schedule as required; including nights and weekends
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Visual acuity, speech & hearing, hand & eye coordination
- Walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, squatting, pushing, pulling, reaching, twisting, balancing, repetitive motion, standing, sitting, and driving to perform the essential functions
- Must use proper Personal Protective Equipment as required
- Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions