Currently looking for a Cost Accountant to fill an opening with a company located in Everett, WA. Interested candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in accounting and have a minimum of 6 years of experience in various aspects of accounting.
Responsibilities of the Cost Accountant:
• Sets up and maintains cost collection structure and practices.
• Evaluates airplane programs capital project in accordance with company guidelines and generally accepted accounting principles to determine appropriate cost classification.
• Identifies and develops solutions to a variety of complex accounting issues referring to established precedents and polices.
• Supports airplane program tooling reporting. Generates quarterly and annual tooling reports.
• Provides charging guidance and creates charging memos for management signature.
• Approves charging authorization and intercompany work authorization documents.
• Assist in month-end closing and prepares journal entries as necessary.
• Researches, prepares and reconciles data in support of the preparation of financial statements and reports.
• Work in special projects as required.
Requirements of the Cost Accountant:
Bachelor's and typically 6 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 4 or more years' related work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years dealing with Inventory accounting and management, including costing and physical inventory controls
- 3+ years performing financial reporting accounting (ex: account variance analysis, reconciliation, and journal entries, etc.)
- 1+ year setting up cost structure in accounting
- 3+ years in Excel
- Possess an accounting degree, or certification such as a CPA, CIA, CMA, CPP and/or a higher education certificate in accounting from an accredited 4 year school