The HR Manager, Industrial Coatings is responsible for a broad spectrum of HR deliverables that includes talent management; associate and leadership recruitment, selection, and retention; performance management; talent and leadership development including succession management; total rewards, including compensation and benefits; organizational design and change; legal compliance; employee and labor relations; employee communications and employee engagement. This role has extended responsibilities of supporting HR initiatives across various business units and will coordinate on various HR professionals within other business lines. The key job responsibilities are listed as follows:
- Assures the continuation of a comprehensive HR strategy for the business unit and fully supports the business strategy across multiple sub business units.
- Contributes to the development of the SBU HR strategy and provide expert counsel to the leadership team in support of the SBU’s goals and initiatives;
- Partners closely with the leadership team to develop and leverage employee communication, inclusion, diversity, engagement and recognition programs that inspire employees around common goals, vision and values to enable the site team to continue to expand, grow and transform.
- Leads strategic workforce planning, ensuring the numbers, skills, and location of talent are defined in the long range plan, and that talent acquisition, retention and development plans are established and implemented, and enabling succession and attrition strategies.
- Leads the workforce and organization development initiatives including employee onboarding and orientation, annual training planning, leadership development assessment and nomination to development programs.
- Provides coaching to management on their leadership effectiveness.
- Oversees the compensation and benefits programs that will drive retention and performance at all levels.
- Works closely with sub business unit leaders to design/improve the sales incentive plans and manage the implementation of the plans to support business growth strategies globally.
- Coordinates with other site HR managers of SCM SBU to work out SBU HR reports. Take part in the global HR transformation process and coordinate with other site HR managers of SCM SBU per assigned projects.
- Ensures all HR activities are in compliance with the laws of the country and the policies of the company.
- Nurtures, protects and sustains the company’s culture of Ethics, EHS and Employee Engagement. Champions change where needed, and provides leadership that fosters teamwork, cooperation, empowerment, and development.
Minimum Required Experience and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Finance, Engineering or other related field of study.
- 5+ years of overall human resources experience with previous experience in an HR business partner leadership position.
- Previous experience leading change management initiatives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Previous experience of working in a R&D environment preferred.