This Systems Engineer will carry out a variety of tasks, including system design, evaluation and analysis and involvement in hardware and software life cycles processes. Other responsibilities include:
- Work with project managers to understand systems and consult with customers to determine their needs.
- Implement new systems, analyze data and improve performance through hardware or software upgrades.
- Prepare progress and specifications reports
- Design, development, simulation, integration, including requirements analysis/design tradeoffs and developing solutions in accordance with system/product architectures.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Must have a B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience with hardware architectures and other wireless communications.
- 3 plus years of experience working closely with real-time software, RF hardware, system hardware, and test engineers.
- At least 3 years of experience scoping and estimating new efforts.
- At least 3 years of experience working with Linux and Windows development environments.
- At least 3 years of experience working with one or more of source code repository tools
- Active Secret Clearance, or higher.
- Experience with common engineering lab and test equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers
- Digital hardware design and engineering knowledge, familiarity with RF.
- Familiarity with Atlassian Jira (product life cycle CRM) and supporting plugins.
- Requires active Secret security clearance. Top Secret preferred. Must be Top Secret eligible.