The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst is a key member of the Financial Planning and Analysis organization, integral to supporting the organization in achieving Company objectives. The scope of the role includes ownership of market and competitive analytics across tour North America businesses. This role provides the incumbent the unique opportunity to not only showcase significant analytical capabilities, but also drive meaningful process and analytic improvements that directly contribute to senior leadership decision-making. The role will have significant interaction with senior leadership and offers an opportunity to gather cross-functional and external environment exposure.
Own external market metrics and analytics to support strategic direction-setting (35%)
- Own models to estimate market growth across our products and segments
- Leverage external data sources to monitor and assess the state of housing market
- Manage share growth estimation and analysis for both short and long-term
- Analyze macro and micro market dynamics that impact share growth goals
Deliver competitor analysis by leveraging external research to provide insights into business issues (35%)
- Own long-range share growth modeling, partnering across commercial and capacity planning
- Develop trend-based analysis around competitors and substitute products
- Work with third parties to coordinate competitive intelligence reviews
- Deliver ongoing assessment of new product or competitor entrants into the market
- Proactively develop new competitive intelligence tools and reports for management
Support mission-critical analysis to drive management decision-making (30%):
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- Lead development and execution of strategic business intelligence reviews across Commercial & Operations
- Proactively use business acumen to deep-dive into analytic findings, educating the business on risks and opportunities
- Support management decision-making through analysis and modeling as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong analytical abilities required – including outstanding attention to detail.
- Demonstrated advanced skills with the standard features of various personal computer word processing and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, and other proprietary programs). Microsoft excel expertise required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent assignments while meeting deadlines and demanding quality execution.
- Proven ability to synthesize complex and detailed data and information into meaningful outtakes and decision base information. Articulates views in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to be tactical as well as see the bigger operational picture.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and think independently about alternative ways to solve problems based on analysis of data.
- Team player and leader with a strong desire to learn. Proven the ability to communicate at all levels and across functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics.
- 5-7+ years of analysis experience – related industry experience preferred.
- Challenging Status Quo: Encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
- Strategic Decision Making: Obtaining information and identifying key issues and relationships relevant to long-range goal or vision; committing to a course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after developing alternatives based on logical assumptions, facts, available resources, constraints, and organizational values.
- Work Standards: Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Managing Work (includes Time Management): Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed timely and efficiently.
- Information Monitoring: Setting up ongoing procedures to collect and review information needed to manage an organization or ongoing activities within it.
- Gaining Commitment: Using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying one’s own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations and individuals involved
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills: Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.