This position reports to the director of Financial Policy and interacts regularly with key finance and accounting personnel at the Company's business units, management in other functional areas, and the Company's external auditors. This role participates in a team of technical accounting professionals who perform accounting research and develop accounting policies in a complex environment. This includes researching and interpreting generally accepted accounting principles to ensure proper reporting of external financial statements. Specific areas of expertise assigned to this position include performing evaluations of complex transactions involving topics such as revenue recognition, asset impairments, contingencies, corporate development activities, reviewing estimates at completion, monitoring and reporting on accounting rulemaking, and serving as a liaison to the Company’s programs, other functional areas, and external auditors.
• Serving as a subject matter expert on various technical accounting matters
• Creation of accounting policies and procedures
• Preparing technical accounting whitepapers and coordinating with external auditors.
• Ensuring continued compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley Act
• Participating in special projects and other technical accounting matters as they arise
Basic Required Qualifications:
- More than 3 years experience in financial reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- CPA (licensed or capable of obtaining license)
- Public Accounting experience in attestation service
- Technical Accounting Experience / M&A work in a large corporation
Typical education and experience:
Bachelor's degree and typically 10 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 8 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.