- Functioning as onsite technical support for a major customer.
- To be involved in supporting all technical support issues for our company’s products and integration of those products in that customer’s environment.
- Assist professional services in service delivery for that customer.
- Handle tickets from all customers on an as-needed basis.
- Participate in the shared on-call responsibility with the rest of the North American support team. This is a 24/7/365 responsibility and thus includes nights, weekends and holidays.
- Re-creating customer problems and testing customer configurations to help diagnose problems.
- Leading and managing activities within the company to address customer needs.
- Escalate customer issues and request assistance as appropriate.
- Acquire, maintain, and expand knowledge of relevant product offerings, partner products, current support policies, and methods of support delivery in order to quickly provide technically accurate and complete solutions.
- Constantly seek to proactively identify opportunities for improvement in all processes, communication, and documentation.
- Occasional travel to company Headquarters or other worksites.
- Work closely with the rest of the company support team to support the entirety of the company’s customers.
- Linux operating systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to quickly learn a broad array of technologies and apply knowledge to real-world problems.
- Must be a flexible team player that is willing to jump in to help others wherever necessary and act with a sense of urgency.
- Proven track record of positive customer interaction and interface between vendor and client.
- Ability to handle difficult or sensitive situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Demonstrated self-starter.
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced, high demand environment.
- 5-7 years of experience in field services or technical support
- Knowledge of at least one of the following:
o Web based client/server applications, especially WebLogic, Web Services and Apache
o Experience supporting iOS and Android Apps
o IP networking, routing configuration and protocols
o Oracle or Microsoft SQL RDBMS
- BSEE/BSCS or equivalent work experience.