Our Corporate Real Estate Department is searching for a Real Estate Accountant to join our team. The Real Estate Accountant will prepare financial analysis to support company real estate objectives, apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to produce accurate financial statements and budgets, and participate in initiatives to streamline our systems and improve our data transparency and effectiveness.
- Prepares journal entries and corresponding schedules on a monthly basis by analyzing transaction activity, allocating costs, and preparing required support for audit purposes.
- Prepares department budgets, forecasts, and variance analysis for Management.
- Manages the payment and reporting of real estate taxes for owned and leased real estate assets.
- Performs financial analysis on different real estate projects on an ad hoc basis including lease vs purchase considerations, development opportunities, and asset valuation analysis.
- Assists with the development of financial models to analyze occupancy alternatives for both operating and office locations.
- Assists Corporate Accounting with implementing new FASB pronouncements, audits, capitalization inquiries, and tax matters, as required.
- Supports data transparency and departmental workflow streamlining initiatives.
This roles directly manages a third party service provider responsible for the payment and appeal of real estate taxes for company assets. There are no internal supervisory duties.
Education and Experience:
Required: Bachelor’s Degree, in Accounting or Finance and three years of relevant experience.
Preferred: In addition to above, experience with commercial real estate transactions, analysis, and accounting.
Skills or Abilities Required:
Above average Excel skills preferred. Working knowledge of MS PowerPoint and Word.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely.
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting.