The International Accounting Manager – U.S. GAAP supervises the corporate finance overview functions across our international businesses, including the assessment of internal controls, the review of non-routine transactions, and the appropriate application of U.S. GAAP and financial policies. This position will have at least one direct report.
- Train and supervise direct report(s) on all monthly and quarterly responsibilities.
- Act as a liaison between the international finance leaders and Corporate Accounting.
- Review monthly and quarterly CTA analysis and review functional currency determination for international legal entities.
- Research and assist international businesses with accounting for non-routine transactions (e.g. divestitures, liquidations, acquisitions, impairments, etc.) to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP.
- Participate in Balance Sheet reviews for international locations to ensure compliance with financial policies and U.S. GAAP.
- Ability to work directly with external and internal auditors on U.S. GAAP accounting matters related to international locations.
- Assist in the preparation and review of footnote disclosures for transactions involving international locations to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP and SEC rules for 10-Q and 10-K reporting.
- Ability to assist and lead international locations with accounting initiatives for the implementation and adoption of new accounting standards under U.S. GAAP.
- Assist the Director of International Accounting on various business initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA certification
- Minimum 5 years of Accounting experience
- Minimum 3 years of leadership experience
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) with direct report(s) & leadership
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with strong emphasis in Microsoft Excel
- Travel on a business need case and up to 20%
- Master’s degree in accounting
- 2-5 years of public accounting experience
- Working knowledge of SAP and BPC
- Action oriented
- Communication skills
- Learning on the fly
- Priority setting
- Managing and working effectively with others
- Customer Focus