Leverage your analytical, technical capabilities, persistence and enthusiasm to provide the utmost adherence to Indirect Tax compliance. You will continually expand your expertise in Indirect Tax and Accounting as well as demonstrate your abilities to bring superior accounting and leadership to our company.
Supporting the Indirect Tax team and Indirect Tax Manager. Supporting a high volume of businesses across the United States, across several sectors, you must be able to respond quickly and maintain a high sense of urgency to ensure integrity and accuracy of the reporting from yourself. You will be responsible to build a network across our company’s organization as well as external third party support teams to leverage best- in-class results. To excel in this role you should be able to constantly challenge yourself and others to achieve and surpass the goals of the team.
- Assist with managing the Indirect Tax function to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations, as well as minimize risk and exposure.
- Research and document sales and use tax issues and keep current on transaction tax developments.
- Assist the Sales and Use Tax Audit Manager with gathering/analyzing data for audit support.
- Establish relationships with auditors, provide information/data as requested.
- Provide sales reports/information to 3rd party consultants as requested.
- Extensive research using CCH.
- Work with company business partners to educate/improve processes resulting from audits.
- Reconcile accounts for audit support.
- Obtain exemption certificates for audit support, upload to Vertex.
- Participate in ERP system’s design, maintenance, and implementation related to indirect tax matters to ensure compliance, enhance efficiency and minimize expense.
- Identify and implement Indirect Tax planning opportunities.
- Maintain documentation in accordance with SOX requirements.
- Manage and perform special projects as needed.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Taxation, Accounting, or Finance required.
- MST and/or CPA/CMI preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a large corporate environment preferred.
- Sales and Use Tax audit experience.
- Knowledge of US Indirect tax laws/regulations.
- Able to work under critical time constraints.
- Knowledge of SAP and Vertex O Series preferred.
- Excellent analytical, organization, planning and communication skills.
- The ideal candidate for the Indirect Tax Accountant role will have demonstrated strong analytical capabilities as well as technical knowledge of Indirect Tax compliance