Our company is a converting operation that produces specialty fibers used in the production of diapers and other absorbent personal care products. The successful candidate will be responsible for moderately complex engineering projects and direct the work of assigned technical associates. They will promote increased performance of machinery and equipment through failure analysis, and report to the Maintenance Manager.
- Work with area operations and maintenance to implement strategic maintenance initiatives that support achievement of reliability objectives, key performance metrics, maintenance cost objectives and capital projects execution.
- Responsible for all aspects of project management: scope development, estimating, planning, design, prioritization, scheduling, implementation/construction management and budget management.
- Responsible for process variability reduction and equipment reliability improvements.
- Responsible for ensuring projects are compliant with all environmental and safety requirements.
- Provides electrical and instrumentation (E&I) design support to the plant capital projects.
- Provides technical assistance and advice as necessary to aid in troubleshooting complex issues in manufacturing processes.
- Support the planning effort of plant shutdowns to include: complex job planning, job coordination, resource planning and financial management.
- Monitor effectiveness of E&I predictive and preventative maintenance programs.
- Identify and develop opportunities for improvement and optimization based on failure analysis outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of five (5) years electrical engineering experience
- Power Distribution and/or Control Systems experience (i.e., Siemens, Rockwell, Honeywell) required
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with AutoCAD and all Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in the pulp and paper industry is preferred
- Excellent leadership skills
- Proven commitment to safety and safety processes
- Strong technical foundation in electrical engineering
- High level of initiative and motivation
- Strong communication skills (oral & written)
- Able to excel with minimum supervision and work independently
- Desire and ability to work as a team player
- Desire to aggressively learn and continue to develop knowledge and skills
- Drive for results
- Interpersonal skills
- Technical & functional skills