As a Field Engineering Specialist you will serve as a new technical repair or installation specialist for our company’s products. You will provide routine technical support to customers on operational and maintenance aspects of system equipment. You will also perform on-site service, repair and/or installation of company product(s). This may include any aspect of field support and is not limited to mechanical/system hardware and software, networking/wireless networking. This will include diagnosing mechanical, hardware, software and system failure, using established procedures.
The successful Field Engineering Specialist:
• Follows standard practices and procedures to install, maintain and repair our company’s equipment. Identifies and analyzes current problems and repairs where possible or escalates to higher levels when repairs are not possible. Schedules and performs preventative maintenance per department policy. Monitors customer equipment performance and is able to respond and resolve most routine issues. Refers complex problems and issues to higher levels.
• Responsible for ensuring and maximizing customer satisfaction with company equipment and related products. Promotes effective, positive, and productive communication among team to ensure and maximize satisfaction of customer base. Manages customer accounts at a level that promotes goodwill, confidence and credibility in order to exceed customer expectations in terms of product, service, and support quality.
• Identifies revenue generating and cost saving opportunities, implements the company’s service agreement policy, and seeks out opportunities to market service contracts to existing customers.
• Provides routine technical support to existing customers, including operator troubleshooting training when needed.
• Completes and documents all service and customer account related reports, updates, and emails in a timely and professional manner, compliant to all quality procedures.
• Maintains expenses within departmental guidelines and controls inventory and all company property.
Territory: Los Angeles, CA. Qualified candidates must currently reside in the LA area or be willing to relocate.
- Associate's Degree
- 5 to 7 years related experience
- Willingness to Travel - Always