Cost Accountants are crucial members of both our Finance and Manufacturing teams. Not only do they ensure the proper accounting and controls are executed in each of our plants, they also are excellent analysts and story tellers. As a member of this team, you will know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You will partner with Operational and Finance teams to analyze processes, financial trends and develop ways to improve our manufacturing performance. Every day presents new opportunities and you will consistently search for ways to help both the Finance and Operations teams improve. You enjoy being part of a team, sharing best practices with your peers and eagerly learning from others. Speed is your game and you will move fast without compromising quality and integrity of work.
Cost accountants are flexible, highly motivated and analytical with strong communication skills and a drive for continuous improvement. As a Cost Accountant, you will manage the core accounting functions within your manufacturing plant. You will have the opportunity to work with co-workers across the Finance organization to drive Finance initiatives. You will also be on site in the manufacturing facility where our products are produced and enjoy influencing the process and direction of the plant, sharing your ideas and creating opportunities to improve both operational and financial performance.
• Drive accounting processes within the plant to ensure accurate books and records and compliance to key control requirements including Sarbanes Oxley.
• Forecasting, analyzing and reporting the Manufacturing plant performance to company leadership teams.
• Identifying, analyzing, leading and implementing process/cost improvements in both the Financial and Operational parts of our business with the appropriate involvement of Finance and Operational partners.
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and subject matter expertise for your area of responsibility
• BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or a related field
• 1-3 years accounting experience. Standard cost accounting experience in a manufacturing setting preferred
• Demonstrated experience with ERP systems software