- Drive overall effectiveness of the Financial Reporting team by evaluating current procedures and implementing and standardizing processes in order to streamline operations, while ensuring sufficient checks and balances exist
- Provide oversight over all sub-ledgers and supporting details, including but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, and fixed assets
- Develop an understanding of company revenue and profitability targets and firm level goals
- Responsible for facilitating and administering the company’s budget processing, forecasting and planning, including but not limited to providing effective communication and services to individual business units and senior leadership and interpreting and explaining budget variances and policies
- Ensure maintenance of accurate records and document actions for areas managed
- Serve as liaison between the Accounting department and internal and external customers to ensure compliance with all applicable rules and regulations, including but not limited to external auditing firms, SEC, FINRA and Net Capital requirements pursuant to Rule 15c3-1; and provide necessary documentation as requested
- Interface internally and externally in a professional and courteous manner to achieve the Company’s common goals and ensure communication of those goals and statuses to all necessary parties
Candidates will have demonstrated knowledge of U.S. GAAP, IFRS, Sarbanes-Oxley, and advanced broker-dealer reporting. Qualified candidates will have the ability to review and interpret third party auditing firm’s recommendations and reports regarding tax regulations and their application to the firm’s specific situation. Ideal candidates will possess analytical thinking and organizational skills while taking a hands-on approach to maintain a balance of direct involvement in day to day details and big picture strategic thinking
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field; four to six or more years in related experience or training in the Financial Services sector; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Series 7 is typically required. Other licenses or certificates may be required as dictated by the department.