The Specification Writer will act as a technical liaison to project teams, coordinating project specification deliverables and design guidelines throughout all phases of project design. The Specification Writer will define the quality of materials and workmanship, providing quality assurance and incorporating these into construction and project documents.
• Coordinate project specification deliverables, design guidelines and standards with Owner, Consultants, and Project Team
• Lead and/or assist PM or PA in writing specifications based on project size and needs
• Research innovative products and design technologies and discuss suitable materials and alternates with project teams
• Facilitate and maintain relationships with product manufacturers, ensuring correct information and reference standards are incorporated into project specifications
• Receive and review consultant specifications, coordinating with project teams
• Assist in maintaining legacy master specifications and managing specification standards
• Facilitate firm-wide continuing education opportunities, train and advise staff
• Partner with Quality Assurance group and ensure QA requirements are met within specifications
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and Professional License preferred
• 10 years of related experience, a minimum of 5 years of specification writing experience required.
• Knowledge of design, industry trends, construction methodology, and material application.
• Knowledge of sustainable principles and LEED accreditation
• Knowledge of and proficiency in Revit, Sketch-Up, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
• Working relationship with Construction Industry Resources (Product Representatives, Manufacturers, Contractors)
• Knowledge of CSI formats and principles, Division 00 documents and Division 01 specifications