• Optimize production processes to deliver cost savings, improve quality, and support new product introduction. • Work with Sales team to develop new products.
• Provide technical product support to sales team for customer concerns.
• Identify and prioritize process improvement opportunities throughout the manufacturing facility.
• Execute and achieve process improvement objectives on schedule in a team environment. Support business plan objectives to increase productivity, reduce scrap and excess usage, improve quality, and enhance safety.
• Lead equipment / process improvement projects utilizing sound project management techniques and see projects through to completion.
• Fully resolve complex issues by applying engineering skills and experience.
• Provide fact-driven root cause analysis.
• Develop and maintain process training and certification documentation to ensure that operators clearly understand all position requirements.
• Lead efforts on Job Safety Analysis and Operator Job Descriptions for new or modified processes.
• Work with internal and external suppliers of materials, equipment and services to execute projects, resolve problems and improve processes.
• Select, design and modify tooling, fixtures and equipment as necessary to improve safety, quality, throughput and productivity.
• 4 Year Degree in engineering or science - Required; Mechanical - Preferred
• 5 Year's experience in Process Engineering - Required
• Specific experience with extrusion machinery and related equipment/controls
• Proficient in Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, PowerPoint and ability to work with data to generate periodic reports as may be needed.
• Lean / Greenbelt training and experience preferred.
-Bachelors Degree in Engineering or a related technical field, Masters degree is a plus
-Minimum 10 years experience in aerospace with minimum 3 years in a supervisory role
-Must have proficient computer skills in various design programs and Microsoft Office Suite
-Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, 6 sigma, complex technical product knowledge
-Demonstrated leadership experience -Possess the ability to work well with people in a team environment
-Demonstrated skills in problem solving, situation assessment and conflict resolution are required
-Must have sound judgment, decide upon a course of action and implement swift resolution for closure
-Ability to oversee several simultaneous projects with the proper delegating skills and the precise amount of involvement without interference, allowing the specifically designated personnel to perform their tasks
-Exceptional motivation, leadership, and team building skills required
Personal Work Attributes:
· Strong team and communication skills a must
· Robust business acumen
· Energetic, willingness to learn
· Candidate must be responsible, reliable, detail-oriented, assertive, and self-motivated
· Candidate must have the ability to perform well under pressure and meet deadlines on time
· Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident