• Supports Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering in addressing process and product quality issues providing oversight and guidance in procedural and regulatory compliance.
• Provides assistance to Material Management group in assessing and resolving product and supplier issues (internal & external).
• Conducts root cause analysis investigations and assists with corrective and preventative actions including follow up to determine proper implementation and effectiveness of improvements.
• Participates in pre-award evaluations of potential new programs by ensuring the all quality aspects of the program have been addressed.
• Reviews new and revised Engineering documents including verification that redlined drawing changes are fully incorporated. • Reviews certification plans to ensure all quality related requirements have been integrated into the certification project.
• Coordinates customer first article and source inspections. • Develops requirements for quality engineering projects including schedule, budget, and resources.
• Responsible for project management (within defined scope) and where appropriate integration of improvements into Quality Control processes.
• Maintain current with industry state of the art Quality Control and measurement practices, processes and equipment.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., Chemical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial, or Aerospace Engineering)
• 7 to 10 years of manufacturing experience
• Knowledge of Manufacturing/Quality processes and documentation
• Root Cause Analysis experience or training
• Understanding of Test Engineering and anomaly processing • Working knowledge of external quality standards such as ISO9001 and/or AS9100
• Must be able to work off shifts, overtime and non-standard work weeks as needed to meet product deliveries Desired Skills • Demonstrated experience / working knowledge of SAP (electronic process documentation) Working knowledge of PR/MRB process
• Quality Planning Certification
• Electronics experience to include working knowledge of Circuit Cards, Harnesses, Antennas, Power Products, Batteries, and RF/Microwave components
• Familiar with production manufacturing floor process/environment • Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification of better • Knowledge of Six Sigma
• Working knowledge of manufacturing test practices
• Commitment to continuous process improvement
• Strong Communication Skills
• Strong Customer Relationship Skills