The technician will work under general supervision to program multi-axis CNC equipment for the machining of castings to precision tolerances, using Master Cam, and NX software.
Prepare and set up castings to be machined in a production setting
Program Multi-axis machining centers
Determine cutting tools required for a job
Create work instructions, route cards and temporary engineering instructions or sketches.
Design/build machining fixtures
Assist in training
Perform other machining operations, as needed
Ability to work efficiently to meet production demands while working safelyMust be flexible in working hours including overtime
-A minimum of 2 years of CNC programming experience.
-Ability to interpret complex blueprints, instructions, and inspection requirements
-Advanced math skills (especially algebra, trigonometry, and geometry)
-Good communication skills, both verbal and written Team-oriented attitude
-Utilize CAD/CAM, Master Cam, and NX software to build part models and create tool paths
-Use of basic and advanced metrology equipment
-Proficiency in the use of CAD/CAM software is required (Master Cam or NX preferred)Proficiency in Microsoft office
Skills and Abilities:
:• CNC programming capabilities
• Good computer skills (file transfer, CAD/CAM, Microsoft Office)
• Advanced machining skills
• Understanding of digitizing techniques
• Understanding of NX software (or ability to be trained)
• Manipulate models in Unigraphics & Solidworks (or ability to be trained)
• G Code programming (or ability to be trained)
• Ability to load/unload and set up parts in CNC equipment (castings, setters, molds, fixtures, raw stock, etc.)
Technical training in shop practices, blueprint reading, metrology practices and layout IS preferred.
Completion of a Machinist’s Certification program is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Lift up to 35lbs. (30% of the time)
• Push or pull up to 100 lbs. (dead weight, 5% of the time)
• Stand 60% of the time• Bend and twist 30% of the time (when standing)
• Lifting and manipulating of fixturing is required.
• Computers and software (i.e. Windows, NX, Solidworks, Microsoft Office etc.)
• CNC (various machines)
• Hand tools
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to:
• Cutting fluids
• Flying chips
•Extreme heat (summer months and only specific areas)
•Sandblast grit (only in specific areas).
• Long hours
• Various shifts EHS Requirements
• Expected to assist in the implementation of EHS Values and policy statements and accompanying principals.• Comply with all department, facility, corporate and regulatory EHS regulations.
• Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Report all job related illness and injuries (Per Employee Handbook).
• Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
• Attend all EHS training.